Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, January 3, 2011

Exercise can be fun!

Today was a great day. I have been really stressed out lately since I haven't been able to find a full time job after I finished my phlebotomy certification. It feels awesome to say that I had a great day. Imagine how wonderful things would be if I were able to find a job? :) I'm keeping my head up though because I feel like something will happen soon. I have to remember that God has a plan and his plan might not always be in line with what we want at that time. 


Well anyways I guess I should talk about why my day was so great. I could leave you in suspense but I guess I won't do that. I met my mom to take care of a few wedding details around lunch time and then we went to Stephano's for lunch. I had an amazing salad. I am not a salad eater but this one was amazing. Taking into consideration how much I liked it that means that it probably wasn't healthy for me. I hope not! After lunch and a few more wedding errands I came home and did yoga and a few more exercises on the Wii Fit. It felt great. I stuck with it for an hour even when the yoga became difficult! 


After that I wanted something to snack on so I actually grabbed an apple. I love fruit but the biggest challenge for me is making the choice to have that instead of having chocolate or something tastier. I was really proud of myself. I just have to keep thinking "baby steps" and I will slowly change my habits. 


I also signed up for and started Jazzercise tonight with Emily. It was awesome! It is an hour of upbeat, nonstop, dance cardio. At first I was apprehensive but I always am in new situations. After a few minutes, however, it really started to click. There are people in the class who have been doing it for a long time so I just found a place towards the back where I could follow along. I was really proud of myself for continuing to do it even when it got hard. I am planning on going to the 9:10 class tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won't be too sore!  


I guess that's it for now! Stay tuned to see if I can keep up with my new lifestyle! 


Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment