Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Church, Jazzercise and Winter Guard

Well so far 2011 is off to a great start! Mike and I went to church this morning with our friend Emily and it was a wonderful service. I know I said I wasn't going to say my New Year's resolutions but I am going to make a better effort to attend church more regularly. I envy people who are very secure in their faith and I have always wished I could be more like that. I have never questioned my faith and I grew up in the church but it can be a lot harder when you get older. It can be very hard to make yourself get up on Sunday and make the effort to go to church. I want to strive to live a life that is more pleasing to God. 


St. David's is such a beautiful church and with the Christmond trees, poinsettias, advent wreath, etc. it is even more beautiful. There is a huge wooden cross that hangs from the ceiling in the front of the church and I could sit and look at it for hours! We joined in August of 2010. Mike grew up Catholic and I grew up Lutheran so we were trying to find a common ground. I promise I did not force him to become a Lutheran! :) Mike and I visited several churches before settling on St. David and we have never felt so at home in a church before. It is simply amazing. We have truly found a church that we can call home. Thank you to the Hage family for inviting us to visit and thank you to everyone at St. David for welcoming us with open arms. 


On a completely different note my friend Emily (probably the only person reading this blog) and I made arrangements after church to start going to jazzercise together! I have never done it before but Emily has and liked it so I figured why not give it a try! We are going to start tomorrow night (Monday) so I will definitely have a blog posted sometime tomorrow about how it went. Wish me luck!!


I am looking forward to seeing my winter guard babies at Pelion this week! We made great progress with out 2011 show before they went on Christmas break so I hope that they remember everything when I see them this week! Our winter guard show this year is set to Sara Bareilles' song "The Light" and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful show. I am still in the beginning stages of figuring out what direction I want to take the show in and exactly what I want the girls to portray. I may have an idea but I won't reveal that on here just yet. We have our first competition on January 29th so we need to hit the ground running when the girls come back this week! If any of you are out there reading this I want you to stop what you are doing and go practice! :) 


I guess that's about all I have for now! I hope that 2011 continues to be a great year. So far it has been wonderful!


Mallory :)

1 comment:

  1. Props to us for starting 2011 off on the right foot! Love you!

    ReplyDelete